Thursday, November 29, 2007

Finally ... grazing hands with Mr. Reaper under water in the ganga !

Our wait was finally over.

We took the long bus ride to the starting point , i don't remember it's name. But i was sitting next to chaurasia, and he was telling me how shit scared he was. We were treading the hills and through the window he could see the huge drop (i don't know, must b some 7-800 ft.) and below that he could see the raging river. He told me how he was scared of heights, and water.

I laughed at him. I'm not afraid of either. I'm not afraid of a lot of things. But that's mostly because I disregard their importance or seriousness. What then works for me mostly is that I'm lucky. But then sometimes it doesn't.

Anyhow, we were strapped into our life jackets and helmets. It felt damn cool. It was my first rafting experience.

I don't know what I'm doin in that picture !

I was tryin a very visionary kinda pose here. But Raman, in his eternal restlessness clicked it at the 'unfortunate' moment. So here I am looking like a dumb freak. But what the hell, that's the only one I have just before I drowned .... so here it is.

No comments: